Magitours has a dedicated Cruise Division which prepares creative itineraries and runs all ground operations for cruise lines, including shore excursions, transfers, turnarounds, and pre/post-itineraries. Our expertise in this area has made us the largest and most highly respected company in Egypt for 5-star cruise line business.
Magitours’ Cruise Ship Division has extensive experience in handling every aspect of land programs for the world's major cruise lines, including shore excursion, pre and post itineraries, and flight-cruise programs:
These superior services include:
Sales Focused Itineraries
We partner with Cruise Lines to develop a full range of uniquely tailored, creative itineraries for every type of passenger on board.
Detailed Program Research
• Every new tour checked out on a dry run by our experienced Operations team. Magitours checklist includes walking distances, road conditions, wheelchair accessibility, weather conditions, possible travel routes, and likely timings.
Careful Pre-Tour Planning
• Ability to take adjustments to bookings and numbers of clients up to 24 hours in advance.
• Planning staggered group movements & reversed tour sequences so that even the largest groups feel that they are on a smaller, more private tour.
• Using the same group of guides for multiple shore excursions of one ship in Egypt, to ensure continuity of information flow.
Special Arrival Arrangements
• Magitours has excellent relations with port officials, enabling us to assist with our clients' requirements if needed. We can also assist with obtaining visas for last-minute disembarkations.
• All buses, guides & our operations team are ready on standby in the port at least half-an-hour prior to the tour departure time.
• All arrivals met with a red carpet on the pier, wherever possible.
• Special arrangements such as brass band or folkloric performance welcome receptions, upon request.
Specialized Documentation for Clients & Guides
• Passenger itineraries contain detailed site descriptions, map of Egypt, and emergency contact details of our operations team.
• Separate minute-by-minute itineraries for guides and operations staff help keep track of time spent at each venue, and ensure staggered group movements are smoothly coordinated.
Unique Ground Operations
• Communication: All Magitours operations team members equipped with short-wave radios and mobile phones.
• Uniforms: Magitours staff and Egyptologist-guides uniformed with nametags, for easy recognition by passengers throughout their tour.
• Advance preparations: Tickets for sightseeing always pre-purchased in bulk wherever possible, eliminating waiting time for passengers. Advance team members preparing for lunches and check-ins at hotels.
• Quality Control: Magitours staff member on every tour assigned to check cleanliness of buses throughout the day.
• Group Coordination: All bus signs, group signs held by guides, and table signs at meal venues are clearly numbered. Magitours operations team act as "human arrows" to direct clients, freeing Egyptologists to focus on guiding. If using more than one venue for lunch at a hotel, each room is always clearly signposted with the group numbers assigned there.
Select Shopping Stores
• Shopping stops always kept brief, so as not to detract from the main sightseeing purpose of a tour.
• No other local vendors allowed to board Magitours buses at any point.
• The Magitours Shopping Guarantee: Any item purchased during a tour from one of our approved shops may be unconditionally returned to any of our staff members for a full refund at any point before the passengers rejoin their ship.
Superior Security Arrangements
• Magitours liaises with the Egyptian Tourist Police on all group movements, so that authorities provide a trained security officer on every bus.
• Magitours arranges to clear the entrances and exits of hotels, to ensure enough space for buses to park and guests to get off next to the main doors of any hotel or venue.
• Magitours maintains close contacts with the Maritime Security Council, the USA and UK Security Advisory offices in Cairo, and the various Egypt Port Authorities